Iulia Radu, In-house Project Manager
Bogdan Minuț, Content Director
1. The adorable map of the world where attendees placed a pin on the country they come from
Diversity for the win!
2. Sarah Bird reminding us that 40% of searches still don’t give a click
There were a lot of percentages and statements that made us question our existence.
3. All of the inspirational quotes you could need
We were all invited to dream a little.
4. Jono Alderson telling people to attend WordCamp EU to learn more stuff
WordCamp EU is an annual meetup of content creators that hops from city to city every time. Next year, it will take place in beautiful Berlin.
5. Cindy Krum’s stark reminder that 61% of mobile searches don’t get clicks
Yeesh. Another reason why mobile is essential.
6. Bryant Goodall’s #shoesofmozcon hashtag trending on Twitter
Yes, you guessed it, cool snaps of the speakers’ footwear.
7. Taylor Coil saying a resource doesn’t count if it’s not expert
It has to be the very best, like no resource ever was.
8. When Rob Bucci said that Google cares more about how close you are than how good you are
What if we’re close to being good?
9. Stephanie Briggs who understands people with normal jobs
We don’t all have wonderfully ideal clients.
10. Dr. Pete asking the question on everyone’s minds “why is gelato?”
Also, the National Gelato Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in July. Thanks, dr. Pete! 😊
We’re too obsessed with modifying parts and pieces to take a step back and change bigger things.
Jono Alderson, MozCon 2018
11. Oli Gardner explaining that Only Your M.O.M. Can Save You when it comes to Content Marketing
And then telling us that our websites need “maybe later buttons.”
12. Justine Jordan saying that you may not think it’s spam, but someone will
Email marketing done right!
13. Wil Reynolds’ inspiring and funny take on the right tools for bigger data
And also our minds being blown by his no-BS presentation. Not only is Power BI an incredible tool, according to Will, it’s also on my computer right now and I can’t confirm nor deny. I can only say it has a lot of buttons. Many of the buttons do things. That is all.
14. The 50/50 PLEDGE
Moz has partnered with this organization in order to improve the representation of women on stage. Sixteen amazing ladies graced the stage this year, a proof that MOZ delivered on their commitment.
15. Our new friend, Roger, the robot!
Every attendee got to take home a reminder of this amazing experience: a tiny Roger the robot action figure.
16. Britney Muller explaining Machine Learning for SEOs with the help of her amazingly cute mama duck and baby ducks
Only pictures of them, sadly they were not on stage.
Aren’t they cute?
17. Darren Shaw’s point that when everyone will have hundreds of 5-star reviews, they won’t matter anymore
We give this statement 5 stars out of 5.
18. Strolling through the beautiful Pike Place Market
Make time for a few hours at Pike Place, you’ll love the fresh flowers, fruits, fish and much more.
19. Hannah Thorpe pointing out that there’s a 61% increase in people searching for who, what, why, how
Some of these stats and percentages were nice.
Pages that answer the visitor’s most important questions outperform pages that don’t.
Amy Hebdon, MozCon 2018
20. Unforgettable all-American Donuts Day (trust us, they were de-li-cious!)
Sprinkles. Sprinkles everywhere. Other days’ snacks included piroshkis and greek yogurt. Yum!
21. Emily Grossman saying we should think of time as money and then ask if we can afford something
Maybe we should’ve made this article shorter…
22. Dana DiTomasso telling us that bad reports mean everything is sad
She became everyone’s spirit animal by showing us that we don’t need as maaaany reports as we currently use, fewer reports can do more.
"Thank you for the diabetes" is what I think every time I visit the @Moz office... https://t.co/NsQQNe2PLZ— Dr. Pete Meyers (@dr_pete) July 11, 2018
23. Rand Fishkin receiving praise and applause for his heartfelt talk
Rand delivered an inspiring and honest talk and took the time to acknowledge Moz for everything he learned there.
24. The amazingly well-organized conference, starting with the speakers, schedule, location, catering, networking event
Kudos to the organizing team who made everyone feel welcome and valuable.
25. Last, but not least, the impressing view from Seattle’s most famous attraction, the Space Needle
Your knees might tremble a bit, but you should not miss this Seattle icon.
This Is Where Our Work Begins
All in all, this experience was unforgettable and inspiring for our team. We plan to apply the great strategies we learned at MozCon in order to improve our work and ourselves, as well as explore the tools recommended by our favorite speakers. We can’t wait for MozCon 2019!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Our main services
Scarlatescu Street no. 21, Area 1
Bucharest, Romania, 011158
Company Number: 33559425
V.A.T. ID: RO33559425
Phone: +031 426-0090
Email: Click to send an email
Web: Digital Web Properties
Copyright 2014-2020 * - All Rights Reserved | Digital Web Properties SRL ©